This beautiful Town Hall in Leuven was build between 1439 and 1469 in Brabantine Gothic style. It is decorated with 236 statues that stand in the niches. These statues were placed there after 1850 and represent artists, scholars, eminent citizens, patron saints and biblical figures. It was renovated three times, the last time was in 1983 after it was damaged in the Second World War. The Town Hall of Leuven stands on the main market square(Grote Markt) and is open for visitors.