Como's Cathedral dominates the Piazza Duomo, the main market square of the city. Construction of the cathedral begun in 1936 and lasted almost four centuries. The facade is beautifully decorated with lots of statues, including two of Como's most famous sons, Pliny the Elder and Pliny the Younger. The interior is decorated in Renaissance style with tapestries, paintings made by Bernardino Luini and Gaudenzio Ferrari and statues made by Rodari. The dome of the cathedral is in Rococo style, it was added in the 18th century by Juvara.