The Rudolfinum is one of Prague's most beautiful Neo-Renaissance buildings. It was named in honour of Rudolf v. Habsburg, Crown Prince of Austria. Originally designed as an art gallery and a House of Artists by Josef Zitek and Josef Schultz, it is now used for concerts and exhibitions. Between 1918 - 1938, the Rudolfinum was also the seat of the Parliament of the Czech Republic.
Construction started in 1876 and was finished in 1884 on a location along the Vltava river. The facade is an analogy of the Semper Opera in Dresden which was destroyed by fire.
Next to Smetana Hall in the Municipal House, the Rudolfinum has the most beautiful concert hall in Prague, the Dvorák Hall with excellent acoustics. Since 1946 it is home to the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra.
View location in Prague, Czech Republic.