The Monte Carlo Casino in Monaco is one of the most luxurious casinos in the world. Charles Garnier, who also designed the Paris Opera House, was hired to created this famous Belle Époque building. The construction of the casino took place between 1858-1863 and was ordered by Prince Charles III. Since 1898 the Monte Carlo Casino is owned by the Société des Bains de Mer, in which the government holds a majority interest.
The building also includes the Grand Théâtre de Monte Carlo, an opera and ballet house and is the headquarter of the Ballets de Monte Carlo
View location in Monte-Carlo, Principality of Monaco.