The New Town Hall in Prague served as the seat of the New Town's administration until 1784. At that time Emperor Josef II joined the New Town, Old Town, Lesser Town and Hradcany together and the Town Hall lost its function.
After that the building was used as a courthouse and prison with torture room. Many political prisoners and revolutionaries were kept here.
The New Town Hall is now used for cultural and social events, including wedding ceremonies.
View location in Prague, Czech Republic.