Named after Baron Thüngen, an Austrian commander, Fort Thüngen was built in 1732 as part of the city defences. The fort was partly dismantled after the Treaty of London in 1867, only the three round towers, also known as the Three Acorns and the foundation walls remained.
Another interesting attraction that is situated at Fort Thüngen is the Mudam, the Museum of Modern Art Grand-Duc Jean. It was designed by Sino-Americain architect Ieoh Ming Pei and was inaugurated on 1 July 2006 by Grand Duke Jean.
View location in Luxembourg City.