The New Palace is the largest 18th century structure in Park Sanssouci. It was built from 1763 to 1769 according to the plans of Johann Gottfried Büring, Heinrich Ludwig Manger, and Carl von Gontard. Frederick the Great had the palace constructed to commemorate the end of the Seven Years' War.
Although not the principal residence of the King, it was an important symbol and often used to greet important royals and dignitaries. After the death of Frederick the Great in 1786 it fell into disuse but became the summer residence of Frederick William III and his wife Victoria.
Of the over 200 rooms, some 60 can be visited, among them the Grotto Hall, the Marble gallery, and the guest apartments
View location in Park Sanssouci, Potsdam, Germany.