The Belvedere on Klausberg hill was the last construction that Frederick the Great had built. The word 'Belvedere' means a pretty view, its name was chosen because of the nice view the building offered over Park Sanssouci. Architect Georg Unger designed the Belvedere between 1770 and 1772. It was built on a round floor plan, the pavillon is surrounded by two levels of columns. The dome at its top is decorated with figures of some divinities.
View location in Park Sanssouci, Potsdam, Germany.