Castello Sforzesco in Milan was built in the 15th century by Francesco Sforza. The castle used to be the seat and residence of the Duchy of Milan. It has been home to Italian dukes and many foreign conquerors. At the height of its glory Castello Sforzesco was one of the biggest citadels of Europe.
In 1893, the castle was saved from destruction and was restored to its former glory by architect Luca Beltrami. After being heavily damaged as a result of a bombardment during World War II, the castle was restored once more by the BBPR architectural partnership.
Today Castello Sforzesco is home to seven different museums, including a museum of Ancient Art, Musical Instrument, Antique Furnishings and many more.
View location in Milan, Italy.