The Church of the Holy Spirit(Heiliggeistkirche) in Heidelberg was built from 1398 to 1441. It's located at the main market square and dominates the old town.
The church has been home to Catholics and Protestants during the centuries. In 1706 a barrier was erected because both wanted to hold service here. The barrier stayed for 230 years in its place until it was removed in 1936. Today, the Church of the Holy Spirit is a Protestant Church.
It is also famous for being the burial place of 55 Prince Electors and for hosting the famous Bibliotheca Palatina until 1623.
View location in Heidelberg, Germany.