Château de La Hulpe was built in 1842 in French style by the Marquis of Béthune. The castle was purchased by Count Ernest Solvay in 1893. His grandson, Ernest-John Solvay, transferred the property to the Belgian state in 1968.
The castle is not open for public, but can be rented for special occasions. Domaine Solvay, which surrounds Château de la Hulpe, is 227-ha big and is classified as an “Exceptional Heritage Site in Wallonia”. This beautiful landscape park is open daily from 8am to 9pm in the summer, from 8am to 6pm in the winter.
View location in La Hulpe, Belgium.