The current town hall of Lier used to be the cloth hall. Today, only parts of the façade are left from the cloth hall after a complete renovation from 1740 to 1745 by architect Jan Pieter van Bauerscheit. Inside the building a magnificent Rococo staircase is the main eye-catcher. Also worthwhile is the collection of paintings and antiques.
Against the town hall stands the Gothic belfry tower. The tower dates from 1369 and was once part of the cloth hall. It is crowned with four corner turrets. These turrets were put there in 1911, when a renovation of the Belfry took place.
View location in Lier, Belgium.